Sunday, December 18, 2011

MAGIC REINDEER FOOD

      I wanted to share a special tradition I do with my children and pass the recipe on to our readers. Every Christmas Eve, my family and I gather around the table and we make food for Santa's Reindeer. Not only does Santa need a snack but I bet the Reindeer get pretty hungry too.
Oats are a Reindeer's favorite food, cinnamon is their favorite smell and sugar crystals reflect the light from Rudolph's nose so Santa can find your house. A magical recipe for kids to make on Christmas eve in preparation of Santa's visit, and it wont harm any small animals that might take a bite.


Ingredients
1 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup red sugar crystals or 1/4 cup green sugar crystals




Directions
Combine all ingredients in a resealable plastic bag.

Seal the bag and shake until well- combined.

When its dark on Christmas eve, sprinkle the magic food on your front lawn to help Santa and his reindeer find your house.


Makes just enough for all of Santa's reindeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment