Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Food Resolutions

For a lot of us, Near Year equals New Food! I too am someone who decided that every New Years Eve. I declare, "Starting tomorrow I will eat healthy, work out and get in shape!" but by January 4th, I am looking for the excuse I need as to why I ate that donut! It's insanity! I have decided I am going to try to figure out a way to eat my favorite foods, work out and just be happy with it. So I figure, it's all timing and PORTION CONTROL! I see NOTHING wrong with eating A donut and then going for a nice loooooong walk! I get to spend time outside, walking the donut off, I got to eat the delicious food I wanted and I make up for it with an even healthier lunch and dinner! That is my solution for now, stay tuned for the results! It's only January 4th! ha ha :) Here is a great recipe to help on those "Donut  Days"



Baked Flounder Fillets in Lemon-Soy Vinaigrette

yield: Serves 2
This recipe can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.

Ingredients

  • two 6-ounce flounder fillets
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
 

Preparation

Preheat oven to 450°F.
Arrange fillets in a ceramic or glass baking dish just large enough to hold them in one layer. Mince garlic and in a small bowl combine with lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, and salt. Whisk in oil until emulsified and pour vinaigrette over fish.
Bake fish in middle of oven until just cooked through and no longer translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
 
 

Nutritional Information

Per serving: 285 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated), 81 mg cholesterol, 1014 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 32 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment