Sunday, December 4, 2011

31 DAYS OF COOKIES:DAY 4: Granola Cookie Bars

Last night, as I was walking out of a restaurant with my family, I saw a little magazine in a pile to take for free. I decided to grab one and look through it. I am so glad I did because I came across this MUST TRY recipe. I am beyond excited to try this recipe and I hope you enjoy making them as well! I always get excited when I just come across a recipe like that. To be honest, the magazine looked like something that would have local events and real estate in it, so I was rather pleased to find recipes! I will post the others later today, they looks AMAZING as well! Happy Swapping!


Granola Cookie Bars

Ingredients
Makes 24 Bars

1 cup chopped nuts (such as walnuts, almonds, peanuts, and pecans)
1 cup dried fruit (such as apricots, cranberries, and raisins)
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups light brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1-1/2 cups flour
3 cups old fashioned oats





Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 11x17 rimmed baking sheet wit parchment paper. In a small bowl combine nuts, fruit and chocolate chips, set aside.

Using and electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, baking powder, and salt, and beat until well incorporated. Using a large spoon stir in the flour, oats and 2 cups of the nut-fruit-chocolate mixture until just combined. Press into the prepped baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining nuts, fruit and chocolate. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown. Cool to room temperature before slicing into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment